Whether you're a regular gym-goer or not; we could all use a little motivational boost from time to time. Here's 5 things you can do to improve your workout motivation.
1. Music. Music can be a great motivator. Build a couple of playlists of songs that get you fired up and in the zone for working out. Music can alter your mood and you can use some of your favourite songs to motivate you and make the gym a more enjoyable place. Having a set track list can even be part of your…
2. Routine. Set up a routine that you go through pre-gym or at the start of your workout. It might include listening to music to get fired up, going through a specific warm up in a certain order, putting on your kit and even things like using the same locker, loading the weights in the same way etc.
When you have a routine it flicks a switch in your brain signifying it is gym time and all the other thoughts fall out of your head.
3. Training partner. Training with a partner is great for a few reasons. First of all, you’re less likely to skip a workout when your friend is waiting for you. When you are with a friend you can push each other on, motivate and challenge each other. Having someone else pushing you will always make you work harder than you will alone.
4. Invest. Whether in a professional like a Personal Trainer or just some new workout shoes, spending a little bit of money and having something new to use at the gym is sure to kick-start your motivation.
5. Re-affirm your goals. Before you start training, take a moment to reflect on your goals, how far you have come and what you are working towards. What are you working for? Why? What are you fighting for?
Using these 5 tips is sure to give you a boost in motivation and keep the gym a fun and challenging environment for you.