For some reason, when night time comes around, it opens up the door to unhealthy eating. Before you know it, you might have binged on a bag of chips and a block of chocolate while watching your favourite television show. You may even wash it all down with a litre of soft drink. The unfortunate part is that you might have consumed your daily allowance of calories in one sitting.
Below are five tips to help manage your overeating at night.
Put this on your fridge to remind yourself how to avoid night time snacks.
1. Make a commitment to yourself that you will not eat after dinner. Hold yourself true to this pledge. Not eating after 7pm will ensure that you will not fall prey to gluttony.
2. Keep only healthy foods in your fridge and pantry. If you do eat later on, it won’t be nearly as bad for you as the over processed, high-calorie foods that you are used to.
3. Always consume a good amount of protein for your dinner. Protein fills you up quickly and for a longer amount of time. There is a reason you can eat a bag of chips, but after one steak you are stuffed.
4. Brush your teeth after dinner. For many people, the taste of mint and knowing that they have clean teeth for the night will help squash the overindulgence.
5. Don’t go at this alone. Whatever you are trying to accomplish in life, it is always easier when you have assistance. Have your family hold you accountable as a way to put an end to your nightly gorging. A little support can go a long way in eliminating your nocturnal snacking.