We all need assistance when getting the most out of our training. Would our Olympians win gold medals without coaches?
We asked last year’s YNB winner Rob Teasdale, who lost a whopping 27kgs in 12 weeks, to give us his top training tips for this year’s YNB challengers.
1. Eat whole foods as often as possible
2. ALWAYS eat breakfast
3. Eat every 3-4 hours
4. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people
5. Try to train high intensity interval training (HIIT), you don’t need to spend hours on the treadmill to lose weight
6. Set goals...aim high so you don’t regret not aiming high enough, but be realistic. Review weekly with your trainer on how you are tracking.
7. Get a reason in your head to want to succeed. Get passionate about it and keep reminding yourself of the reason.