Whether your health goal is to lose weight, tone up, run a marathon or just detox, there are many ways to modify your diet to help achieve these goals. We have five simple nutritional changes that you can start incorporating into your daily life today. Together, they will set you on the path to feel more energetic and enjoy a more active lifestyle.
1. 1. Drink more water and less of everything else. Sure, coconut water is a great hydrator and single origin cold drip coffee is awesome for some, but the water from your kitchen tap is the best hydrator and energy booster of all, and it’s free.
2. 2. Cut back on the obvious refined sugars such as chocolate, ice cream and cake. It’s not a treat if you indulge every day, so keep it special by consuming occasionally and in small amounts.
3. 3. Look at your plate to assess the portions. There should be more vegetables than protein or carbs, but that’s not to say that protein or carbs are bad. Half a plate of vegies, a quarter of protein and a quarter of carbs, is a great start.
4. 4. Don’t forget to snack. Being hungry is not the key to weight loss. Not only can it cause you to binge, but starving yourself can mess with your blood sugar levels. Grab a healthy snack like a handful of nuts, a piece of fruit, some chopped vegies or a small savoury muffin, to refuel.
5. 5. Low fat doesn’t automatically equal healthy. Natural fats work with our brains to register that we are full, prompting us to consume in moderation. Take out the fat and it can take longer to feel satisfied, not to mention the sugars added to boost the flavour.
Following these simple tips can support your efforts to get healthy, get active and get more out of life. To find out more about our nutrition program, click here