We are all busy nowadays and often don’t have the time to sit down and have 3 square meals a day. This means we need to snack between meals, to stave off hunger and cravings, and maintain our energy.
Below are 7 superb, healthy nutritional snacks that you can enjoy on the go.
1. Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are great foods to snack on, tasty and refreshing, high in fibre and low in calories. The high fibre content makes them filling enough to see you through to your next meal.
2. Almonds: Almonds are tasty, easy to eat and contain lots of nutrients including vitamin E and the B vitamins. Almonds keep well for a fairly long time and are readily available from all supermarkets.
3. Berries: Berries contain more antioxidants and phytonutrients than any other fruits, making them a genuine super food. They are tasty and very easy to eat on the go. Their sweet nature makes them great if you have a sweet tooth, to curb any cravings.
4. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are a great source of the mineral zinc which is important for healthy hair and nails, along with being used in hundreds of bodily chemical processes.
5. Macadamia nuts: Macadamia nuts have the best fatty acid profile of all nuts, with the most health giving Omega-3. They are tasty and it is incredibly easy to grab a handful from the bag and have a snack. They are quite high in healthy fats, so great if you’re on a lower carb diet.
6. Juiced vegetables: If you have a juicer at home, throw in some vegetables and get a huge hit of nutrients. Juicing is one of the healthiest thing you can do to get your 5 a day and more.
7. Protein shake: If you’re a gym goer, you know the importance of getting enough protein in your diet. An easy to make snack, which is filling and will not go off if it’s sat in your desk for a couple of weeks.
That’s 7 great healthy snacks that you can have on the go. Enjoy!